Friday, March 02, 2012

February 2012



February:

Bowling with the Christian Home Ed group. This was the first time I didn't join in and all three boys played. I actually could sit back and watch, as Levi and Boaz had a team of other boys helping out!

Visiting friends that we have tried to plan to visit for two years ;). We see each other quite regularly, but have never been to their house as a family. We're missing quite some people in this picture, I must admit ;).

We went to the Rainbow Fun House several times, we didn't go swimming :(, only Boaz did (swimming lessons), there was a Home Meet here, a Mum's Night Out (or In for me), I hurt my back, whilst pushing the kids on a weird swing thing. That was almost 4 weeks ago and I can still feel it and we had friends coming over.

Playing Minecraft

Job and I visited Bath, Job's wish. Beautiful town. Beautiful Roman baths.

And then my mum came for a visit.

 
Obviously, my weeks of Wordfeud training didn't help me. My mum beat me twice! ;)


We went to Haytor and Hound Tor (this time, it was quite cold)

He really has a problem with heights when he's not in control, but when he is on Dartmoor, you wouldn't notice.

You see, we went to a party. And the boys had a chance to climb, but Boaz was afraid (go back to the previous picture please ;)) and Adam (as you can see) wasn't really sure about it either, although he had told me before that he would really like to try it. He tried it, but didn't get very far. I'm happy that he tried!

Church

Bradley's party. The boys really enjoyed most parts of Emazdad's show, but didn't join in the group games or the dancing ;). Maybe they need a dancing sister ;)

And then Job's sister & family came for a visit

Hount Tor again, but not that cold.





Adam loved playing with his nephew




And Levi and Big Niece liked to chill together.

We have been really busy with family visiting, going out and being ill, but there was of course time to do some art



My new discovery: use plasticine, in stead of play dough.

And the boys have been drawing A LOT! These are some of Adam's and Boaz' pictures together. I don't think you can see it here, but especially Adam's pictures are very detailed. And I guess you can see a theme going on there ;)

We visited RAMM in Exeter. Which looks a bit like Naturalis in Leiden (Holland), but is much smaller. Nice museum though.

Boaz lost almost all his upper front teeth, which looks funny

And we are mentally preparing for our move back to Holland. Levi looks ready.
He has spent most of his life in the UK now, which is a strange thought.

2 comments:

Happy Homework said...

Hmm hoe doet die plasticine het op gesausde muren? Dat hebben ze hier gisteren met bolletjes (van die plak)klei geprobeerd en dat was niet zo'n succes. Het plakte zeeer goed ;-(

Anonymous said...

Yeah weer een logje!!!! Wow het lijkt of jullie echt nog even genieten,!!! Liefs Lieke