Monday, June 06, 2011

Prague!




We went to Prague with the boys, two weeks ago. When my youngest brother had his baby last November, I started thinking about going to Prague. I could have gone alone. But I knew Adam was desperate to meet both my brother again and his cousin for the first time. So we decided to go together and make it an interesting trip for the boys.

I did some research before we went and ended up on this site, Taking the family, which was a great resource. I made a list of nice things to do and see with the boys, like Prague Castle, Karl's Bridge, Petrin Hill, a boat trip, Prague Zoo and a couple of museums.

Levi in the playground next to Karl's Bridge (or Charles' Bridge)
We ended up seeing the Castle, Karl's Bridge, Petrin Hill (+ the funicular) and Prague Zoo. The thing I had missed online (still surprised that I did) was the Lego Museum. Luckily, we passed it, on our way to Karl's bridge. The boys loved it. They saw a lot of models that they already have, and got really inspired what to ask for their birthdays :)







Karl's Bridge

View near the Castle
On Petrin Hill




A lot of tadpoles...The boys wished they could have taken some home!
We stayed in the Wellness Hotel Step. Job thought it was a bit of a gamble, after reading the comments online, but it turned out to be really good value for money. We payed for five people, in stead of paying for the two (en suite) rooms we had, breakfast was included,  and the hotel looked quite clean and tidy. The hotel isn't in the centre of Prague, but it took us only 12-15 minutes by tram (children up to 16 (I think) don't pay for public transport and a day ticket for an adult is only 8 euro's) to get there.

A shame for the boys that there were no interesting programmes for them, but I got to see a bit of Roland Garros :)
 We walked a lot of kilometers! Adam is not a big fan of walking, but he did great! Levi walked too, or sat on Job's neck, or in the sling with me. I'm really happy for the lightbulb moment I had before we went. I don't really use the sling anymore, but I did in Prague.





  We went to Prague Zoo with my brother, his girlfriend and our nephew. It's a beautiful zoo! Quite big (but you can still 'do' the zoo in one (long :)) day. And it looks quite natural too. Adam was really excited that day. It was our last day and he could hardly stop talking to Johannes.

Jo took us out for dinner. He had hardly time to ear, because Adam was very, very keen to talk to him :).

Poor Adam.....blisters.....




They were down there.....

And we up here....it was actually quite high:S

Filip!!






This fellow was born in Paignton Zoo! Our 'local' Zoo here in the UK!!



Crazy bro!!









4 comments:

islandgirlshell said...

What a lovely trip! I just can't get my head around how it could ever feel normal to travel around Europe and have all of that in your "backyard." Very nice pictures :)

Shelly

Alison said...

Looks like you had a lovely time! I had totally forgotten about the lego museum too, and I've been there! Did you have hotdogs at the castle..?

Owen, Mare, Emil, Arno en Nell said...

Oh, wat leuk dat jullie zomaar een tripje Praag deden! En je broer zien met die kleine spruit was vast de max!
Heerlijk om te bekijken...

Lieke said...

ziet er echt super mooi uit! nu even bijtanken na alle leuke drukte (nou weet ik niet of je nl als 'leuk' zou bestempelen ;-) tis hier nu beter om in de tuin te werken, heb ik vandaag gedaan ;-)

liefs!