Tuesday, May 18, 2010

They bought a zoo!

I think it was the weekend after we heard about a possible move to the UK, that I went to our local bookstore. I was browsing through the books that were displayed.

Surprisingly, I came across this book "We bought a Zoo" (the one my mother is holding in her hands). I thought, that is an interesting story (short version here)....O, it's about a zoo in the UK! O wow, it's in Devon!! O wow, it's near Dartmoor Park!!!

I bought it and read it and wanted to visit the Zoo badly :). ("We kochten een dierentuin")

The first attempt to visit Dartmoor Zoological Park was in January, when my mother visited us. She had read the book too and was intrigued as well. Sadly, when we arrived, we found out that it was too cold and the animals were all inside.


But this time Jenny our nanny ;)) is here. She has read the book too and I decided this might be the right time. And it was; the Zoo was open, the weather was great and there were maybe 5-10 other cars in the carpark.

I've never been in a more peaceful Zoo! It's not very big,but it's spacious. You feel like the animals have enough space to actually move around.

And I met the writer's mother :) who is the owner of the Zoo, if I'm correct.

Some nice pictures...







Read the book! :)

8 comments:

lindsay349 said...

Thank you for the recommendation - It looks great and we've never been in all the 6 years we've lived here!

Alison said...

Please tell me the fox is just sleeping! I'll have to check out that book...

Helma said...

Aha dus dat was het geheimzinnige uitstapje.
Leuk zeg. Mooie foto's ook!
Zit Levi daar nou op de nek van een vrouwtjesbaviaan???? ;-)

baasbraal said...

Leuk zeg! Ik ben DOL op dierentuinen en dan speciaal van die kleine relaxte..... Ook toevallig weer dat jullie daar nu net in de buurt wonen! Alles goed verder met iedereen?

pien said...

cool!

kiss to jenny!

Owen, Mare, Emil en Arno said...

Soms bekruipt je dat gevoel alsof je leven is uitgestippeld... niet?

Lieke said...

Je bent geweest!!!! Cool!!!! zijn jullie verder met veel 'projectjes' bezig ;-) have fun!!!! x

Mirjam said...

Hi Alison, yes, the fox is sleeping (of course!! :))

hihi@Helma

Hoi Janneke, ja alles goed. Ik geniet van je jubileumlogjes, maar ik heb zó weinig tijd om écht te internetten....Lees ze dus vanuit m'n mailbox :)