Saturday, March 20, 2010

They made my day!

Today I had a mum's day out, with Heather again :)

We went to Exeter


Starbucks


Lush


Mosaic tiles (also inspired by her) at Opus Mosaic


And some nice (? sugary ;)) hot white chocolate stuff for the boys


And....I wanted to buy a bottle of wine for Job.
So I went into M&S.
Found a bottle.
And I wanted to pay....

But the lady at the checkout asked me:
Do you have an ID on you?

???

I asked her, showing my driver licence: how old do you think I am? :)

Erm....

Me: Well....I'm 32

Oh!! ??

And I've got three kids

Oh....*blushing*
I thought you were 23, 24....(you can't buy alcohol in the UK if you're under 25)

So I told her she made my day ;)

And so did you, Heather! :)

Thanks!

:)

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hey Mirjam, I get that in Holland buying a bottle of wine. Less flattering ;) Sounds like you had a good day, maybe I should have a day off some time...

Helma said...

Hartelijk gelachen om je blogje. Vooral dat die mevrouw moest blozen. Ach ja. Je bent ook nog zo'n jonkie om te zien he?! Als Adam erbij zou zijn geweest zou ze vast gedacht hebben dat je zijn oudere zus was!

Anonymous said...

LOL - you got asked your age when buying alcohol!! That is something to celebrate (bottle of champagne hee hee. I got asked a few years ago too, and was really pleased....then told the man where the Opticians is...
You can buy alcohol here if you are under 25. The legal age is 18. But in the last few years shops have adopted a policy of asking for proof of age from anyone looking under 25 because young people look so old these days and it's hard to tell.
Julia Roebuck

Ceekee said...

Haha geweldig! Steek die maar in je zak! ;)

Owen, Mare, Emil en Arno said...

Super! Deze mam mocht laatst niet binnen in de cinema voor een 16+ film. Maar op de bus zou het ook nog wel lukken om aan korting te reizen, als de kids er niet bij zijn!
Ze moesten me nu zien, zwanger: opgezwollen met wallen. Wedden dat ik nu wel binnen mag en geen korting meer krijg?

Repel said...

Je doet het expres he, mij jaloers maken met je mooie foto's, je heerlijke uitjes en je leeftijd en je leeftijdsindicatie....nou....gelukt!


Grinnik. Alle gekheid op een stokje: top! Heerlijk, zo'n compliment!!!!!